Logo thursdayfootball.co.uk
"The Thursday Football Experience"
It's just a silly game that we play
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

. Election 2010 Go back
therealjoebloggs
2000+ posts
spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post Post subject: Election 2010
Thought I'd start a thread to keep me going through the night. I fully accept that I could be writing to myself, but if anyone is willing to chip in you're more than welcome.

my prediction? Hung parliament with Brown being PM at the end. That contrasts with the exit poll which puts the Tories as the stronger party within a hung parliament.

I'm currently flip flopping between the Welsh and UK coverage as Huw is starting to do my head in....

So far:

Labour 3
Conservative 0
Lib Dem 0
2000+ posts
spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
Im still here, how much attention I will pay is another matter

100% Attendance Record At TTFE 2010
therealjoebloggs
2000+ posts
spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post Post subject:
Good to have someone around!

Can't believe that thousands of people across the country have not been able to vote due to lack of staff and ballot papers. Crazy stuff.

The Greens might get their first ever seat in Brighton tonight as early counts show they've got it sown up. I bloody hope so!
2000+ posts
spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
Wheres the rest of the parties, surely it is only fair to show them with a "0" vote and then a league table showing movements?

therealjoebloggs
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
I'm basically copying the BBC table - they've got an 'other' box now so I will add it on my next significant post!

Turnout for Cardiff South and Penarth believed to be 60.39%. Up on last time by a good 5 %.
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Well as much as I love a good political poll results discussion I am off to bed but I do still expect posts in the morning for me to read in work so dont let me down Mr Newbury

therealjoebloggs
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Ice_Cold_Cola wrote:
Well as much as I love a good political poll results discussion I am off to bed but I do still expect posts in the morning for me to read in work so dont let me down Mr Newbury

I won't let you down! Some of it might be nonsense, butit will be something!

Gone 1am now and already Huw Edwards reckons because of one Labour turning Conservative by a massive swing, every seat is gonna be same and will mean a Tory victory, Gimme a break....

So far:

Labour 7
Conservative 2
Lib Dem 2
Others 6
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Just got word that the Cardiff Counts will be announced at 2.30-3am. I think we will have a wave of results around then. It's still too early to call at the moment, no sign of the Lib Dem 'Clegg factor' coming into play yet either.
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Gordon Brown eases into victory in his constituency of Kirkaldy and Cowdenbeath. Would have been funny if he lost it, but it was never going to happen in such a safe seat.

They are now starting to trickle in....

Labour 16
Conservative 4
Lib Dem 3
Others 8
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
It seems Wales is staying pretty red... why am I not surprised? It seems they are losing votes/swings, but not seats. That is very important and is making me think my prediction could be on the money. Even Blaenau Gwent has gone back to Labour.

So far so slow. Surely the next hour will be more eventful? Still can't believe the pictures of people waiting in line to vote.

Labour 28
Conservative 14
Lib Dem 4
Others 11
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
The Red Bull is starting to wear off now and now my eyes are starting to reject any more of Huw. Still waiting on a Cardiff result to liven things up. Another Labour seat held in Wales (Newport East).

We are still nowhere near knowing how things are going to turn out.

Labour 37
Conservative 20
Lib Dem 4
Others 12
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Oooh has the Vale of Glamorgan gone Tory? Aberconwy just has and it looks likely Alun Cairns is now the new MP for the Vale. Conservatives finally getting their act together in Wales and as always they come like buses!

EDIT: Alun Cairns has done it. Beware all you 'greasy wops' out there - that one's for Greg Smile

Labour 43
Conservative 24
Lib Dem 4
Others 13
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Oh my days. Cheeky Girl lover Lembit Opik has been beaten by ANOTHER Tory in Montgomeryshire. Very close too. He just has to rely on his good looks now to get by...

http://blog.datingcompared.co.uk/images/Opik460.jpg
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Plasmo - your MP in Caerphilly will remain to be Labour's Wayne David. Hope that doesn't disappoint you too much. To be honest, if he had lost, I'd have danced naked on the greens of Caerphilly Castle on a Saturday afternoon. Very safe seat.

Labour 52
Conservative 38
Lib Dem 4
Others 13

Last edited by therealjoebloggs on Fri May 07, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
therealjoebloggs
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
And Greg, unbelievably your MP also remains to be Labour. Dai Havard took 44% of the vote.

Also catchphrase of the night from defeated Lembit 'Terminator' Opik - "Just like Arnie said, 'I'll be back'". Oh dear.

Labour 70
Conservative 54
Lib Dem 8
Others 19
Post new topic   Reply to topic    thursdayfootball.co.uk Forum Index » General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: