Logo thursdayfootball.co.uk
"The Thursday Football Experience"
It's just a silly game that we play
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

. WC2010 Sweepstake Go back
Ice_Cold_Cola
2000+ posts
spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
So after the second day of the 2nd round matches, Mike and Pete have got one team through and one team out as both their teams were playing each other

This means that the quarter finals so far are

Uruguay (Dale) Vs Ghana (Jon Pride)
&
Argentina (Mike) Vs Germany (Pete)

Tomorrow it is the turn of

Holland (Billy) Vs Slovakia (Matt)
&
Chile (Jenny) Vs Brazil (Tom) In a battle of the Payne family!!

100% Attendance Record At TTFE 2010
plasmo
Site Admin
spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
But mostly... it's all about Tuesday! Wink

TTFE Poolmania Champion 2011!
Ice_Cold_Cola
2000+ posts
spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
Holland (Billy) have booked their place in the quarter finals with a win over Slovakia (Matt), this now eliminates Matt so we are down to 9 people

Ice_Cold_Cola
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Thats the end of Jenny's involvement in the sweepstake so that leaves us with the final 8 players

Dale - Uruguay, Portugal
Chris - Japan, Spain
Pete - Germany
Mike - Argentina
Jon Pride - Ghana
Billy - Netherlands
Callum - Paraguay
Tom - Brazil

Tomorrow will be Chris's make or break day, first up it will be Japan vs Callum's Paraguay and then Spain vs my Portugal.

By end of tomorrow either Callum will be eliminated, I will lose one of my teams or Chris could be out if both his teams lose

Ice_Cold_Cola
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Paraguay (Callum) Vs Japan (Chris), this one is a snoozefest and probably the worst game in the World Cup to date, it is now going to extra time, yay Sad

Ice_Cold_Cola
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
FFS Penalties now, well at least there has to be a winner!

Ice_Cold_Cola
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
And Callums Paraguay have beaten Chris's Japan 5-3 on penalties which means that Callum gets a team in the Quarter Final and Chris loses his first team, will he be completely out later with a loss of Spain against Portugal or will I be down to 1 team as well, we shall see

plasmo
Site Admin
spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
Ice_Cold_Cola wrote:
And Callums Paraguay have beaten Chris's Japan 5-3 on penalties which means that Callum gets a team in the Quarter Final and Chris loses his first team, will he be completely out later with a loss of Spain against Portugal or will I be down to 1 team as well, we shall see

I'll be down to 1 team! Japan were shit anyway, I didn't even want them to go through because they would have just got kicked out by Spain... my Champion team!!!

Hola, Donde esta la buro?!

Hasta luego!

Ice_Cold_Cola
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Spain are the last team into the quarter finals which means I lose a team and all eight people that are left have one team left each and they are as follows

Netherlands (Billy) Vs Brazil (Tom)

Spain (Chris) Vs Paraguay (Callum)

Winners of these games now will get a chance at the money, the losers, unfortunatly it will be the end of the road

plasmo
Site Admin
spacer
Post Post subject:
Ice_Cold_Cola wrote:
Spain are the last team into the quarter finals which means I lose a team and all eight people that are left have one team left each and they are as follows

Netherlands (Billy) Vs Brazil (Tom)

Spain (Chris) Vs Paraguay (Callum)

Winners of these games now will get a chance at the money, the losers, unfortunatly it will be the end of the road

Barbarian or not, I'm coming for ya Callum!

therealjoebloggs
2000+ posts
spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post Post subject:
therealjoebloggs wrote:
I got a fiver riding on the Argies... so there's some hope for me! Very Happy

No European team has ever won the Cup outside of Europe... and South America continues to dominate (none of them have lost yet).

A South American team in each tie! It's getting interesting...
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Tom's interest has ended now in the sweepstake after Brazil were beaten by Billy's Holland so we are now down to the last 7 players

Tonight will be either myself or Jon Pride going through when Uruguay take on Ghana

Ice_Cold_Cola
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Jon Pride's Ghana are out on a penalty shoot out 4-2, which means my Uruguay team are through and will now meet Billy's Holland in the Semi Final are will now have a crack at some money.

Tomorrow will see Mike's Argentina Vs Pete's Germany and Chris's Spain Vs Callums Paraguay for the last two places in the Semi Finals

Ice_Cold_Cola
2000+ posts
spacer
Post Post subject:
Saturdays results saw Mike's Argentina crash out to Pete's Germany and Chris's Spain edged out Callums Paraguay which means the last four people in the sweepstake are

Uruguay (Dale) Vs Holland (Billy) (Tuesday)
&
Germany (Pete) Vs Spain (Chris) (Wednesday)

cavedweller2000
500+ posts
spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
Dale must have connections very high in the Uruguayan government/FIFA organisation. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    thursdayfootball.co.uk Forum Index » General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: